1881: When visiting Florida, founders Loring Chase and Oliver E. Chapman immediately saw the potential of this area. They quickly purchased a 600-acre tract of land that was encircled by the lakes. They subdivided the lots and had it surveyed, platted, and mapped out. They received their first deed to the property on July 4th, 1881 and began to lay out the town. On August 29th they officially gave the town its name, Winter Park.
For more information about the History of Winter Park, visit: